Terms of Service1. What is the nature of the Service and what does it include? 2. To whom does the Service address? 3. How can you receive the Service and how is it provided? 4. Is payment required? 5. What are your obligations? 6. What about intellectual property rights? 7. How can you re-schedule or cancel our call? 8. Warranty and Liability 9. Final Provisions
Terms of Service SmarterChains SA (hereinafter, “the company”, “we”, “us”, “our”) offers through our www.smarterchains.com
(hereinafter “the website”) the possibility to prospective clients and those who are interested in our products and the provision of our services (hereinafter “you”, “your”) to get to know these products and services via a free of charge presentation of them (hereinafter, “the Service”) or “Demo”.
These terms apply for the provision of the Service to you, which is exclusively provided for professional use. The present agreement is a B2B Services Agreement.
Please note that in case you wish to purchase any of our products/services you shall be bound by other terms included in the respective contract signed by us and you with respect to the corresponding product/service (Master Agreement, Service Level Agreement, Software License Agreement etc.).
Availability of the Service is subject to change without notice. We reserve the right to cancel, change or substitute the Service at any time for any reason including, without limitation, a technical error regarding availability of the Service.
1. What is the nature of the Service and what does it include?
The Service is solely of informative nature with regard to our services and is provided “as is” and “as available”.
Depending on what you request, the Service may include a presentation of one of our business tools or our training. Each presentation has a duration of thirty (30) minutes maximum.
2. To whom does the Service address?
The Service concerns any prospective client that is interested in what we offer. Prospective client means any factory/enterprise in the manufacturing supply chain sector located anywhere in the world. The Service can be provided to any person authorized by a prospective client to receive such service on its behalf. By using the Service you declare that you are authorized to represent your company with respect to the Service.
3. How can you receive the Service and how is it provided?
You may choose to schedule an assessment or an introduction to “roadmap” business tools or to a course by fulfilling the respective online form found on our website and by choosing a date and time that is convenient for you to receive the Service through the calendar feature. Please note that you may only schedule a presentation Monday to Friday from 9.00 to 18.30 (GMT+2).
Please note that it is possible for the prospective client/legal entity to authorize more than one person to participate in the call.
Upon stating your email address to us on the respective online form, you will be required to validate it (double opt-in process). In particular, you shall receive a confirmation email, sent by us to the email address you have stated to enable your consent statement by clicking on the relevant link included in the email for the purpose of your identification. In case no activation takes place, then the data you entered in the online form shall be deleted within thirty (30) days and so you will need to re-request the Service from the beginning.
4. Is payment required?
At this stage, no payment is required. The Demo Service is granted to you for free.
Following the presentation, you may always request us to send you an offer for the provision of our services at the e-mail address you have stated to us when filling in the relevant online form.
5. What are your obligations?
In order to use the Service you are required to:
- use a business email address and business contact details in general.
- use your own means/equipment and selected companies and providers for the call (such as telephone apparatus, internet, computer, speakers, microphone, screen etc.) and to sustain their operation and functionality throughout the duration of the present Agreement and the provision of the Service. We advise you to test such functionality prior to the provision of the Service to ensure the smooth conduct of our call.
- fill in the online form with only true, accurate, current and complete data. Please note that, you bear full and exclusive liability for any damage or harm caused to us or your company or any other third party, due to untrue, incorrect or outdated data stated by you.
- do not refer any special category personal data (such as political or religious views, health data, data revealing racial or ethnic origin, philosophical beliefs, trade union membership, data concerning a natural person's sex life or sexual orientation etc.) or other personal data that are irrelevant and unnecessary for the provision of the Service during our call.
- to act in legal ways without damaging our reputation or taking advantage of it.
- not to misuse the Service
- abstain from committing any actions that can lead to failures, damages or pause to the Service.
- not to use the Service in breach of confidence, privacy, or in any offensive or obscene way and in general in any illegal way.
6. What about intellectual property rights?
All Intellectual property rights of the Service provided belong either to us or to the rightful owners and are protected by the applicable legislation on intellectual rights. It is expressly forbidden to distribute, copy in total or partially, transfer, exploit, republish, modify or reproduce the Service as well as subleasing for any exploitation thereof by you. It is also forbidden to modify, translate, decompile, rebuild or create derivative works of the Service offered by the company.
7. How can you re-schedule or cancel our call?
You may re-schedule or cancel our call upon a 3-days notice by sending us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please use the email address you registered when filling in the online form to send such email in order to identify you.
8. Warranty and Liability
We undertake all reasonable efforts so that the Service can take place smoothly and without interruption and that the adequate level of security necessary is maintained. However, we do not warrant that the Service will be uninterrupted, timely, secure, bug or error-free.
You expressly understand and agree that the company shall not be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, consequential or exemplary damages, including but not limited to, punished or incidental damages or damages for loss of profits, reputation, use or inability of use, data or other property, regardless of whether these losses could be predicted, resulting from your usage of the Service. Moreover, we shall not liable in case the Service becomes unavailable, for reasons beyond our control as well as for reasons due to technical or other failure of the network or for reasons of force majeure or incidental facts. Any and all limitations of liability set out in the present Agreement are mutually agreed, fair and valid and have been acknowledged and accepted by you.
9. Final Provisions
- The failure of the company to exercise or enforce, as well as any delay in exercising or enforcing, any right or provision of these Terms of Service,
- If any of the aforementioned terms is held to be invalid for any reason whatsoever, the rest terms thereof shall remain valid and binding for the parties.
- These terms are governed by and construed according to the laws of Greece. Both parties agree to be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of Athens, Greece.
Last update: 28/01/2020