Connecting the assets of a factory and digitizing them is the first step to the Factory of the Future. The second step demands the monitoring of all the assets as well as deriving meaningful and actionable analytics from their performance in real time. This is a task undertaken by Analytics Platforms; in this article, you can find ten of the top solutions in the market right now.
Uptake’s Asset Perform Platform enables manufacturers to minimize downtime and optimize their ready-to-go efficiency. The insights provided through their platform identify risks and deliver bottom-line results, leading to a boost in the performance and reliability of the connected equipment while lowering asset life-cycle costs.
Birst’s Networked Analytics and Business Intelligence platform combines the capability, scale and data governance desired by the IT departments with the agility, speed, and usability of consumer-grade desktop tools.
Birst’s disruptive approach to cloud-connected business data gives users:
- the broadest choice of self-service, data consumption options
- self-service access to both governed and ungoverned data and metrics
- the ability to instantly share findings and data between users, teams, departments and IT
C3 IoT offers a comprehensive platform as a service (PaaS) for big data, predictive analytics, AI/machine learning, and IoT software as a service (SaaS) applications. C3 IoT also offers the possibility to configure and extend using SaaS products developed with and operating on its PaaS.
The C3 IoT platform includes the following features:
- C3 Type System, a data object-centric abstraction layer that binds the various C3 IoT Platform components, including infrastructure and services.
- Infrastructure and tools required to rapidly, securely, and cost-effectively integrate enterprise and extraprise data.
- An enterprise Data Science platform that brings application development and data science disciplines together.
- A comprehensive suite of services mediated through the C3 Type System.
- Centrally managed data processing pipelines accelerated by auto-scaling cloud compute infrastructure.
Greenwave Systems has built AXON Platform for IoT that enables a wide variety of devices to communicate through a common IP-based language. AXON works with devices on the network and provides an embedded and cloud infrastructure to enable the management, control, and automation of features across different networks.
AXON Platform aims to reduce the friction between people and technology through a UX and system architecture that facilitate an interactive exchange.
Altizon has created Datonis, an IIoT Platform that uses machine data to drive business insights.
Datonis is easily scalable, as it supports out-of-the-box common connectivity protocols, a robust set of connectors, an API to integrate IoT data into ERP, CRM and Business Intelligence systems and is supported on all operating systems. It is thus able to provide from day one a robust stream of analytics for immediately actionable intelligence.
Ayla Networks’ IoT Platform has been built from scratch with the goal of enabling the Internet of Things.
Its comprehensive solution is comprised of three elements;
- Ayla’s Agile IoT Platform
- Agile Mobile Application Platform
- Ayla Insights
Together, these three products provide device manufacturers with the connectivity, security, and feedback loop needed to create better products and more engaging user experiences. This way, users can quickly connect any device to the cloud and applications, and make meaningful decisions from their data.
Exosite’s IoT platform is called Murano, as an intuitive way to develop, deploy, and manage IoT-enabled products for commercial and industrial applications.
Murano’s strong points are:
- As an end-to-end and ready-made solution, it significantly increases speed to market.
- As a customizable solution, it enables its users to build their own IoT platform with Murano’s agile framework, customizable options, and seamless integrations.
- As a cloud solution, its cloud infrastructure scales according to needs, allowing for multiple products and expanded service-integration capabilities, as well as reusable solution elements.
Particle claims to be the only all-in-one IoT platform in the market as well as being backed by the largest IoT developer community in the industry.
The unique way Particle works is the following:
- Its cloud-connected microcontrollers power assets.
- Networking, protocols, security, and even SIM cards are built in.
- All Particle device connects to their Device Cloud, a secure, scalable, and reliable gateway between your devices and the web.
- Devices can then be managed, controlled and reprogrammed over-the-air.
Senet’s platform is built on a common cloud-based services architecture. Its Network OS powers the public network, while their Managed Network Services for IoT enables the massive scale of the Senet Low Power Wide Area Virtual Network. The operating system provides efficient, scalable and secure options to connect and manage low-power, low-cost sensors at massive scale.
Senet’s network connectivity platforms and services consist of five major components:
- Network Controller
- Radio Access Network
- Security Controller
- Application Controller
- Application Provider Portal
UiPath has created a platform dedicated to the needs of the enterprise, providing wide automation benefits while residing within an open, extensible architecture designed for truly smart, highly scalable automation.
The platform enables RPA (Robotic Process Automation) via its three elements:
- UiPath Studio: An intuitive environment where anybody can model automation visually, through a recorder that builds automation by watching working processes, and a rich library of template activities.
- UiPath Orchestrator: A highly scalable server platform that deploys and manages the entire workforce, and handles all the critical enterprise duties.
- UiPath Robot: An automated assistant that can either run under supervision or quietly and autonomously process all the high-volume work that does not require constant human intervention.
If you or your company have used these solutions, your feedback would be invaluable.
Is the above list missing a solution that deserves to be featured? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org to add it.