Goods to Person is the most advanced solution of order fulfillment; in this practice of order picking, the most basic of the warehousing processes that influences greatly the logistics process , articles are picked and delivered in a specific assortment before being shipped to the customer. Due to its importance for the whole of the supply chain and as a result of the proliferation of e-commerce, there are a lot of companies that offer specialised solutions. Here are some of the best:
Intralogistics systems from Viastore enables its clients to meet rapidly and flexibly major manufacturing requirements such as:
- Maximum system availability
- Minimal downtime
- Optimal availability of goods
- Inventory transparency
To achieve this, Viastore offers a holistic approach through its Viadat WMS (warehouse management system) that controls warehouses, material flow and picking systems, and distribution and logistics centers independently.
Invata has created a cohesive warehouse automation system that covers the needs of even most demanding supply chain and the most complicated distribution channel. Its components are:
- Sortation Systems
- Automated Storage & Retrieval Systems
- Packaging Automation
- Order Fulfillment Systems
- Conveyor Systems
- Pallet Conveyors
- Material Handling Systems Integration
Dematic boasts one of the most comprehensive Good-to-Person systems that consists of a multitude of specialized solutions:
- Case & Tote (Package Conveyors)
- Pallet Conveyors
- Divert Systems
- Automated Garment on Hanger Solutions
- Trolley System
With its three products, Perfect Pick®, Perfect Pick HD®, and Sure Sort™, OPEX Corporation adjusts to the needs of any Goods-to-man project even with its off-the-shelf tools.
- Perfect Pick HD®: A unique, robotic, goods-to-person order picking technology for warehouses and distribution centers.
- Sure Sort™: A robotic “each” or “piece” sorter that easily handles complex variables and delivers a wide variety of items into a compact array of order bin locations in a single pass.
- Perfect Pick®: A “one touch” picking solution based on proven iBOT delivery technology. No lifts, conveyors, or transfers required.
TGW is focused in building a cost-effective, customized, integrated warehouse solution that meets its clients’ intralogistics requirements not only today but also tomorrow.
Its FlashPick smart piece picking system sets new standards for fulfillment speed and flexibility by:
- achieving Faster lead times enable earlier delivery and/or later order acceptance
- accommodating any combination of small and large orders
- being ideal for businesses that experience frequent changes in stock-keeping units (SKUs) and/or product lines
UNEX has built its Goods-to-Person solution on four different pillars:
- Conveying: Conveyors move products in a fast, efficient, and safe manner.
- Part Picking: Flow racks feed parts right to the workers.
- Case Picking: Workers can case pick medium to slow moving products with speed and accuracy
- Each Picking: pick rates are increases, mispicks decreased, and ergonomics at the point of pick improved
Eiratech proposes a unified approach to Robotic Goods-to-Person approach, that is comprised by four components the Eirabots, the Picking stations the Racks and the EiraSystem
These work in the following flow
- The WMS sends the order to the Eirasystem
- The Eirabots identify the shuttle racks that contain the required products and bring the rack to the Picking Station.
- With the aid of a monitor and light guide the picker retrieves the products, scans them and places them for packing.
- Once all the correct items have been retrieved from the rack, the Eirabot moves the rack away for storage
- Another Eirabot brings the next rack into position
And the cycle continues uninterrupted.
Send us your feedback in the comments if you or your company have used these solutions.
See a great company and their offering missing? Send it to us at firstname.lastname@example.org and we will add it to the above list.